This year’s AusDM will boast a variety of interesting and engaging tutorials from leading researchers.
R and Data Mining with Dr. Yanchang Zhao
This is a tutorial on data mining with R. It will cover four sessions below. Each session will be of 1 hour, composed of a 40-minute presentation and a 20-minute lab.
- R Programming: basics of R language and programming, parallel computing, data import and export, RStudio, Shiny and R MarkDown
- Association Rule Mining with R: mining and selecting interesting association rules, redundancy removal, and rule visualisation
- Text Mining with R: text mining, word cloud, topic modelling, and sentiment analysis,
- Social Network Analysis with R: graph construction, graph query, centrality measures, and graph visualisation
Data Mining and Sharing Models in the Cloud with Dr. Graham Williams
This tutorial will introduce a number of tools and technologies for easily building machine learning models in R/Python in the cloud. We will introduce a templates based predictive model building approach introduced in the recent book Essentials of Data Science and highlight the use of cloud platforms for data science. After building predictive models we introduce a new platform for openly sharing pre-built models and guide you through the publishing process to share your models with the community. This tutorial will be hands-on with participants using their own laptops to connect to a cloud platform where the computation can be completed.
- Getting Started with Open Source Data Mining on the Cloud
- Loading and Exploring Data.
- Building Classification/Predictive Models
- Freely Publishing/Sharing Models on the Cloud